I had planned to do another dish with the ingredients but as time started to disappear, I decided upon the quickest and easiest of any of my dishes. Most of the sauce ingredients I had in my cupboard, so no extra expense but some other bits were what I had in the fridge.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- 2 cups Frozen mix vegetables
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- Ground garlic
- 3 peppers (red, onion, green) chopped into smallish cubes
- 1 pack of straight-to-wok noodles
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp coriander leaf
- Salt and pepper to season
- Prawn crackers to serve
Cook the frozen veg on a medium heat in a pot of water for a few minutes to soften gently. Whilst these are cooking, cut your mushrooms, onions, garlic and peppers and set to one side. After a few minutes, drain the non-defrosted veg and set to one side.
• In a wok or similar style pan, add sesame seed oil to the pan, add your chopped garlic, with a little ground garlic if you have any, stir and add the onions, mushrooms and peppers. Stir for 5 minutes then add the defrosted veg and mix. Cook for 5 more minutes. Whilst these are cooking, chop your minute steaks into strips (not to thick).
• Take the veg mix out of the wok and put in a bowl and leave to one side. Add more sesame seed oil to the pan with a little more garlic and let warm before adding the beef strips coating the meat in the oil. Add a glug of soy sauce and stir around. Add ginger and honey and mix together costing the meat. Let cook for a few minutes.
• After a few minutes, add your veg back into the wok, mix together and coat. Add your sweet chilli sauce and get ready to serve up.
• After you’ve got your plates, cutlery, drinks and a side of prawn crackers ready, add the noodles to the pan with lemon juice, coriander and sesame seeds. Stir and serve.