Love a sweet and sticky roast ham, but don’t like mustard? Here’s to a really simple simple delicious ham, perfect for all occasions, especially Christmas. And I’ll be making this at Christmas.
All you need is 5 ingredients… brown sugar, honey, a smoked gammon joint and salt & pepper.
I got my smoked gammon joint from Kentish family butchers JC Rooks & Sons for £2.99 in the Ramsgate store, which is an absolute bargain in my eyes. Using cupboard essentials such as soft brown sugar and honey, you can make a really delicious Honey Roast Ham anytime of the year.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour & 45 minutes
- 1.2kg Smoked Gammon Joint
- Salt & pepper
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 50ml honey
- Remove the gammon from the fridge and let it come to room temperature.
- To a deep oven proof dish, add 25g brown sugar to the bottom of the dish, before adding the gammon, and adding 25g more to the top and rub in all over the joint.
- Cover the gammon with foil and put in the middle of a pre-heated oven and cook for an hour, before removing and adding 50ml of honey over the top.
- Cook for a further 45 minutes, occasionally spooning the honey sugar mix over the joint.
- Remove from the oven and set to rest aside for 15 minutes or until cooled, before cutting into.