The Windmill Pub | Newington Rd | Ramsgate
- Price range: ££
- Families welcome- play area in large garden
- Seating at front and back of pub
- Serves food daily; 12pm to 3pm & 5pm to 9pm Sunday: 12pm to 6pm
- Open: Monday – Thursday: 12pm to 11pm Friday & Saturday: 12pm to 12am Sunday: 12pm to 11pm
- Live entertainment
- Pool & darts
We pride ourselves on delivering the best hospitality in a friendly environment. Our staff are looking forward to serving you with our new fantastic range of drinks, great offers, delicious menu and events.
At the Windmill pub in Kent, Our staff are looking forward to serving you with our new fantastic range of drinks, great offers, delicious menu and events.
We came here the first weekend it opened and it’s sooooo much nicer than what it was. Before it was drab, dull and needed the biggest lick of paint and sparkle ever but now, now it’s what Newington road has needed for a while. Whoever designed the new interior needs a medal, gone has the 90’s furniture, old wood look, 80’s decor, in is a new fresher young vibe look that appeals to the masses.
The new managers have run pubs in the past which is a bonus. The staff are really friendly, with a few original staff from before, who are just a delight to deal with and have said it’s been busier than ever.
This place is great for meeting friends and family but book in advance as it fills up pretty quick.
Reasonably priced family favourites from Scampi, pie to roasts and more.
Reasonably priced considering most places around here seem to be trying to adopt London’s price range when selling alcohol. Expectto pay £3.60 for a pint of Fosters and all 250ml glasses of wine is £4, bottles of wine from £8.95 and on Friday evenings you can buy a bottle of prosecco for a tenner.
- Big garden space for children to play around with a play area for little imaginations
- Serves a selection of family favourites
- What was just a pub is now a family pub. You can come here with your mates to shoot a game of pool, watch a game of football or sit to have a bite to eat with all the family
- Plays Sky Sports
- Welcoming, friendly atmosphere
- Wide selection of hot and cold drinks for children and for adults
- Affordable food for all the family
- Meal deals for different days of the week – Monday’s Burger night, Curry Tuesday’s and Fish Friday’s
- No family changing unit
- Food isn’t that great, needs a bit of work but it’s early days
- ‘Dirty Chips’ chips with a choice of toppings are a huge disappointment
- Although it’s busy and the staff are getting used to it, most tables are left dirty for long periods of time, littered with cups, plates, cutlery, glasses and whatnot
I like this place, it’s got character and although it’s early days and a few improvements need to be had, it has a lot of things Ramsgate is missing that ticks all the boxes especially in St Lawrence when you have a young family. I’m looking forward to summer and chilling outside with an ice cold Bulmers with family and friends.