Baby bouncers, you know, those baby bouncing chairs that are great for babies are a Godsend. Our baby bouncer is by far the best product we have for Emily. It was a gift from a friend of mine from Mama’s & Papa’s. Emily has been on it since she was 3 weeks old, she still can’t sit upright without falling to one side or the other, so she’s mostly supported by towels but she loves it. Most of the time I don’t bother putting the arch with her jingling toys on it because she has little care for it, she’s a people watcher, a nosy baby who wants to be in on the action not on the side lines.
This baby bouncer was mentioned in an earlier post I wrote called ‘Baby Essentials I Swear By.’ It’s a brilliant buy. Well worth the money and Mama’s & Papa’s are currently selling it for £22, bargain!
Honestly if you haven’t got a baby bouncer for your little one, you should definitely consider it. They are a great way to keep your baby entertained. Emily loves kicking her legs which moves the chair. The first time it bounced without the aid of the vibration, she was a little freaked out by it but now that she knows she can move by herself, the chair is part of her daily playtime. This chair is practical, easily transportable, takes up little room and works so well for little bubba’s. At the moment, she’s going through a bit of a growth spurt and if the vibrate button and nursery rhyme button are on at the same time, she’ll fall asleep.
The 3 little nursery rhymes, two of which I have absolutely no clue what they are, help calm her, but not at 2 in the morning I’ve noticed! Mama’s & Papa’s say this bouncer is suitable from birth, but only if your baby is of a size to sit their bum in it properly. This bouncer doesn’t have too much going on which is great for Emily. I can remove the toy bar if and when I want to and it’s easy to transport.
Emily is still small so she’ll be in this a little over 6 months, the recommended age that she should stop using it and when that time comes, I think I’ll be sad to see her not use it anymore. It’s been such a big part of her little life, it’s crazy.
Buzz Bouncer (Sweet Dreams) | Mamas & Papas
- Dimensions: H: 48 x W :50 x L :67cm Approx.
- Requires: 3 x AA batteries (not included).
- Age Suitability: Birth – 6 Months Approx.
What’s good about it:
- The compact design means you can store it away with ease.
- The four melodies provide a variety of relaxing atmospheres.
- Two interactive toys add some hands-on fun for little ones.
- The detachable toy bar can be removed for a more relaxed rest.
- The removable washable cover is easy to take off and even easier to clean.
- The melodies are a little annoying and I can’t for the life of me figure out what the first tune is.
- Although it says ‘suitable from birth,’ Emily was way too small for this when she was born. She’s only just able to lie on it in the past 2 weeks. She does need a bit of support to keep her from sliding off it.